Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's a Sign of the Times

How many of you have ever received a wedding invitation via email? I got my first such animal this morning, from my daughter. Perhaps that's because they had invitations all printed up and stuff and then the venue at which the wedding was supposed to be got sold and went private.

Although the various costs which had already been incurred, such as the printed invitations and the down payment on renting the venue, were reimbursed by the previous owner, my favourite girl decided to send out an email invitation to a select group instead of freshly printed new invites. My, how things have changed.

Must be hard to plan a wedding in British Columbia when you live in Ft. McMurray, Alberta and many of the invitees live in Saskatchewan. Sometimes eloping has it's advantages.

Anyhow, I know where I'll be on July 21st. Kelowna, here I come! Gonna see the grand-kiddies, too!! EEEEHHHAAAAAWW!

A little bit of historical trivia: about 32 years ago this daughter of mine, the bride to be, first stood up all by herself, in the middle of a playpen in a hotel room in Revelstoke, BC, which is not that far from Kelowna. Of course, there are no straight lines from point A to point B in the British Columbia interior. All there are is scary, narrow, winding, mountain hugging roads with a steep drop off the side of the road. And I get really claustrophobic in the mountains. But Kelowna is beautiful. Like my daughter, and she comes by it honestly. Ahem. Hem.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Mazel tov! as Jewish folks say. :-)

April 02, 2012 12:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home