Tuesday, December 04, 2012

"Love Rhyme"

I've been assembling pictures, mostly of my life: the valley in which I grew up, old black and white pics of myself and siblings growing up, etc., etc., which I intend to have framed and hung on a wall in my living room. I was looking for a certificate from the Provincial Dept. of Ed. that attests to the fact that I did graduate from high-school. Haven't found it, but maybe it was a figment of my imagination, however, I did find a two copies of an official transcript of my grade 12 marks, so that will have to do.

In the file folder where all this stuff was stored I found a poem, written by my darling daughter. She must have been in about grade one or two when she wrote it. It makes me smile each time I read it. She called it a "Love Rhyme", so here it is, exactly as t'was written. [ Errors are in the original, but they help to make it cute. She must have had help from the teacher with the spelling of the word "rhyme".]:

"Mothers are mean.
Mother's are nice!
Here's my edvice
She is nice
She makes tarific rice.
ice and apple slice!
My mom is the best!
She's better then a butifsle
gest! 
My mom is great! 
She's never laete!
She nose how to skeate
She is so loving! 
She likes huging me and
my brother!

(I have no idea what 'butifsle' means - maybe beaufifulest".)

At the bottom she drew a picture of a melting ice cube, a pile of rice and apple slice with a fork in it, and there's little hearts all over the paper. Even her exclamation points have hearts, rather than a dot, at the bottom.

Cute, or what! 

I must say, I heart her, too. She's 32 years old now. Where does the time go?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

From the Bible, Paul's Second Epistle to the Corinthians, Chapter 13, on Love:

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

December 04, 2012 8:20 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Awe. Very nice.

December 04, 2012 9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home