Monday, July 02, 2012

Further Thoughts...

..about living in Yahooville.

Previously.

As the seasons progress and I continue to engage in front-step-sitting, I continue to be amazed at what I see in front of my house. More birds. Lots more. The robins have multiplied, or at least been joined by reinforcements. There's little birds and big ones.  Chirping and singing their various songs.

The other day, I caught a little yellow one, probably a canary, flying by.  A few weeks ago there was even a raven, squawking as it flew past. You don't often see them this far south. In the distance, nearly every day, I hear an owl.  And butterflies. Beautiful ones. Including Monarch Butterflies. And lots of bugs.

Best of all, though, is the little gaffer across the street. He's probably less than two.  In any case, he's growing like a weed. A few weeks back, he made me smile when I saw him running. It's amazing how those little people propel themselves forward, 'cause when they run their feet seem to be going straight up and down. At least they'd be able to have a tantrum.

Today, his parents were filling up one of those little plastic swimming pools for him. I think I'll go over and sit in it later today, when he's not looking.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Devine said...

"The other day, I caught a little yellow one, probably a canary, flying by."

I would guestimate that what you saw was a male American Goldfinch. They are thought to be wild canaries by many but are not.

July 03, 2012 5:04 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Could be. It was flying pretty fast and I wouldn't know the difference anyway.

July 03, 2012 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home