Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Climate Change

Okay. I've had enough change for now. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Every frikken day for the past two weeks.

I've noticed my neighbour has some lumber laying beside his house. I expect to see him building an ark soon.

The weeds in my flower beds are ten feet tall. I'll have to take an ax to them, when (if) it stops raining.

I must be a farmer's daughter. Farm folk are known to complain about the weather all the time.

Speaking of which, I saw my farming cousin in the drug store just a while ago. He got his crops in before this rain started. He'll be happy about the timing and the amount, I think.


I wonder if my neighbour knows what a cubit is?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

1 cubit is the distance from a grown man's elbow to the tip of his middle finger, usually considered about 18 inches. (Although my cubit is 19").

Interesting stuff on ancient Biblical measurements.

July 17, 2012 10:15 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Actually, I knew that. I just think that Bill Cosby's skit, where he asks that, is/was hilarious.

July 17, 2012 10:19 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

I changed it.

July 18, 2012 10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home