Time for Another "Trip Down Memory Lane"
Way, way, way, waaaay back:
I don't remember who sang that. Was it Marty Robbins? I don't know, but here's a bunch by him, anyway:
Jimmy Dean:
"Big Bad John"
Johnny Horton:
"North to Alaska"
"Battle of New Orleans"
Believe it or not, it wasn't until earlier this year that I understood what this song was actually about.
One more from him:
Frankie Laine:
"Rawhide"
"Ghost Riders in the Sky"
Claude King "Wolverton Mountain"
That's enough for now.
But, since I never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at leftards, and I'm just itching to say this, here goes: They just don't make 'em like that any more. And to all you crazy liberal Canucks who want to waste money on Canadian non-talent, who cares what country the talent is from, especially in the day and age of YouTube and other digital services that transcend borders.
What's good is good. What sucks, sucks. Throwing money at it won't make any difference. If good and talented Canucks want to make it big, let them move to the US. Stop throwing money at talentless wonders like Margie Gillis.
Okay. One more:
Tennesee Ernie Ford: "Sixteen Tons"
Labels: Canuckistanis, Capital "L" Liberalism, Memory Lane, music

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home