Saturday, December 17, 2011

No Skin Off My Nose

I found out yesterday via SDA that Chiquita, the banana company, was boycotting Canadian Oilsands oil (don't know how they can tell it apart from any other oil, but that's another story), but anyway, it  seems Chiquita is not the only company. This morning, there's this:

Harper to defend Alberta oilsands
"Cosmetics giant Avon and US drugstore chain Walgreen's have also made similar commitments."
Now, I do eat bananas, but I can easily get along without them, especially Chiquita brand. So that's no problem. As for Avon? I've never used it. Not much into cosmetics, anyway. And Walgreens? Sorry. They don't have any stores in this part of the world. But I'd boycott them if I could.

What a bunch of idiots!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Now that I know of this Chiquita boycott, I'll boycott Chiquita and buy other brands of bananas. I'm also going to send a blunt, crystal-clear email to Chiquita telling them of this and why I'm doing so.

For those interested in telling this fruit company that their expertise is in the area of fruit and foods, not oil and energy, the Chiquita website is at http://www.chiquita.com/Home.aspx. They have links to their webpages listing their board of directors and managing executives.

If anyone wants to send an email to corporate executives, you can start with:
Ed Loyd
Director of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Phone: 513-784-8000
Fax: 513-564-2042
E-mail: eloyd@chiquita.com

Andrew Ciafardini
Manager of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: 513-784-8000
Fax: 513-564-2065
E-mail: aciafardini@chiquita.com

December 18, 2011 1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home