Thursday, October 21, 2010

CBC is Watching

UPDATED AND BUMPED: The link to Minister Day Concludes Roundtable Meetings on the Economy and Deficit Reduction now has a list of those who were present.  Among the assembled notables is Timothy W. Casgrain, Chair of the Board, CBC/Radio-Canada.  The site provides no clue as to why the Chair of the CBC's Board would be among them.  However, this is one quote, attributed to Mr. Day: 
"The stability of the Canadian financial system was one of Canada's assets during the global recession, and I was pleased to hear from a number of people at today's meeting who saw this first-hand," Minister Day continued. "Now we want to make sure that the Government's finances stay on the right side of the balance sheet to ensure Canada's sound economic position for the long term."
I leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions, but let's just bear in mind that appointees to the CBC Board are made by the government and the date of Mr. Casgrain's appointment (2007) would make him a Conservative Party of Canada appointee. I'm not sure if appointments of the Chair, in particular, are made by the government, or if the person chosen to fill that position is something determined by the board members themselves.
====================
So far today, I've had three visits from CBC. Two were from Toronto and one from Montreal. Each of these visitors looked at one of three posts I have made on CBC bias, namely, Where is the CBC Headed?, CBC Bias and The Future of CBC.

Interestingly, occasionally someone using a University of Toronto computer also stops by.  Today, a U of T visitor looked at The Future of the CBC.

Oh, and there was also someone from a Government of Canada agency, namely the Finance Canada and Treasury Board Secretariat.   They looked at Where is CBC Headed?

Interestingly, there are pictures flashing up on the Treasury Board website of the much reviled Stockwell Day, whose major unforgivable sin is being a devout Christian.  The pictures are captioned: Minister Day Concludes Roundtable Meetings on the Economy and Deficit Reduction

Hmmmm. Is that budget cuts I see in my crystal ball? Privatization, perhaps? That's enough to make me vote for the CPC again, even though I'm thoroughly pissed off at Harper. Perhaps the Harper government has assigned someone to read the posts at Inside the CBC and has decided the CBC isn't so sacred after all.

I'm not just a stubble jumping redneck. I'm also a stubble jumping wicked witch. I think I may have inadvertently cast a spell.  We'll have to wait and see how powerful my spells are.

Thank you all for stopping by.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2be3agy
careful S J R you know what they say about the company you keep.

October 21, 2010 5:59 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Well that clip was disturbing. Islamic logic tends to do that.

October 21, 2010 6:20 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

And I just finished eating supper. Jeeze.

October 21, 2010 6:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/2cvhzre
we need more like him here

October 22, 2010 3:56 am  
Blogger Louise said...

There's a huge number of people in the US calling for defunding of NPR after that incident. I'm doing my best right here on my blog to get CBC defunded. I sure hope it happens, and soon.

October 22, 2010 7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home