Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Foreboding!!

For some time now, I have had an uneasy feeling that we are slowly drifting to World War III, and it's been primarily because of Barack Obama's policies in the Middle East. This latest deal with Iran only makes my unease that much greater. And there is still more than a year left in his second term as president. (Aside: It wouldn't surprise me if he somehow finagles a third term.)

What would a world war in the 2010s look like? The technology of warfare is much, much different today than it was in the 1940s. And as always, there are some powerful interests that cannot be trusted, Russia and China, to name but two, and most certainly Iran itself.

I've read a lot of hype about the weaknesses inherent in this Iran deal. And I have to confess, I, myself, feel it is a bad deal. Frankly, I think it gives Iran free rein to jerk the western world like a puppet on a string. And I don't trust Obama and crew one iota. He seems bent on removing America from its longstanding role of leadership in the world. (This article "17 ridiculous things the president said at the Iran news conference" and especially the video contained therein, makes it quite clear that Obama is up to just that.) And into this vacuum, who will take America's place? Russia? China? Iran itself? God forbid!!

If there is any doubt about the freakish presidency Obama's legacy will be try pondering these two:

BREAKING: Obama Released TOP IRANIAN SCIENTIST as Part of Nuke Deal; Left Americans to Rot in Hell and Pelosi: ‘No, No,’ Release of 4 U.S. Hostages Held by Iran Should Not Be Part of Nuke Deal

Kinda reminds me of Pelosi's infamous comment "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it..." The woman has foot-in-mouth disease and, evidently, I'm not the only one to think so: 14 Dumbest Things Nancy Pelosi Has Said. But I digress.

Now back to the Iran thingy and the foreboding feeling I have. Iran is also a major sponsor of terrorism throughout the world. Making any sort of deal that removes international sanctions, which this deal does, and allows them to eventually acquire nukes would be a disaster. Thanks Obama. Actually, I think the Republicans have been pretty weak, too, tolerating far more that they should have from Obama. There's where political correctness comes in and fear of being accused of racism. I'm also concerned about all those young people who were protesting in the streets of Tehran a few years ago.

What a messed up world! God help us all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home