Saturday, August 02, 2014

World War I

I don't think I had any ancestors who fought in that war, but it was supposed to be the war that ended all war. Ha!

Anyway, here's a little collection of memories about said war. My dad was 7 years old. My mom wasn't even conceived yet. And I didn't come along until four years after WWII.

First World War centenary: how the events of August 2 1914 unfolded

British declaration made European conflict a world war

When Canada went to war: The story behind our involvement in WWI




Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You were born 4 year after the war so that would be 1949, same year as my birth.

August 02, 2014 6:01 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Cutting edge of the baby boom. We're the generation that is blamed for everything now, just like we did concerning out parents generation before that. Funny how that happens.

Creak. Groan.

August 02, 2014 6:16 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

"our"

August 02, 2014 6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home