Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Telling It Like It Is

I spent many years teaching elementary school, and if I had a dime for every time I heard one of these complaints, I'd be a millionaire. I think it's even worse today. They say it takes about four years to become a good teacher, then just when you are about to reach that magic milestone, they go and change the curriculum on you, and you have to start over again. On top of that, in the old days if a kid was acting up in school, the parents would side with the teacher. Not so now. Little Johnny can do no wrong. It's always the teacher's fault. And God forbid that a kid should fail:

12 Things You Should Never, Ever Say To Teachers

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Canuckguy said...

I am on the same page as you. In my little province of NB, we now have the distinction of having the lowest literacy rates amongst the 10 provinces. The Department of Education is run by idiots. A big part of the problem is the 'No fail' policy. If I were an employer, the high school diploma would not be enough proof for me. I would have the youngster tested separately. I know for sure illiterates are given high school diplomas. Must not bruise the self esteem of little darlings.

March 13, 2014 10:19 am  
Blogger Louise said...

Yup.

March 13, 2014 1:30 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

And another thing, there's too many people in places like Departments of Education, teacher training institutions, and school boards who haven't spent a day in the classroom. They can come up with fancy-dancy theories which they expect teachers to implement, but none of them have a clue how inappropriate and impossible their theories are. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

March 13, 2014 1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home