Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm Baaaaaack...

Since October 6 my life has been  a textbook case of the principle that says "If something can go wrong, it will."

It all began on that long lonely road between Saskatoon and Regina, the day after the wedding, when my "check engine" light came on. That was all that happened.  There was no smoke; no strange sounds; nothing heating up; no smell; nothing. Anyway, $160+ later everything car related is tickety-boo.

Then my computer died, or rather the modem, died. I figured it was about time for a new computer, too, so I have been without one for several days (three weeks and a bit). I asked the techie at the computer shop to transfer all my existing documents, address book, bookmarks, etc. to the new one, but even so, everything is different!!...and that after waiting 22 days. (And there ain't no methadone treatment for computer withdrawal. But I did manage to get some books read.) Everything on this brand new computer is different. It will be like starting from scratch.

Somewhere in the midst of that, on an especially cold day, the boiler that keeps the place warm conked out. There was an upside to that, though. The company that I called to fix it sent two young pieces of male eye candy over.  So, I sat and chatted them as they went about their business.

But  ---  or should I say butt --- being plumbers, these young fellows also offered some man cleavage to look at.

Now my stereo system appears to have died. The manuals that came with it might as well be written  in Greek. I'll likely have to get someone from Regina to come out here.

To top it all off, it's been snowing off and on all day. This is the second time since I went offline. GGGGRRRRRRRRR!

Bottom line is, I am now in the poor house and am accepting donations. Gifts in kind, like computer  lessons, or a warm winter coat, will be accepted.






Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Sorry to hear all that. Hope the black stripe of that zebra is already crossed.

As for the snow: well, there always is Florida... I know, I know.

October 26, 2013 5:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home