Monday, June 04, 2012

For Some Reason...

...they avoided Moose Jaw.

Moose wander into Regina, Saskatoon

And bears, too:

Bear sighting in Fort Qu'appelle

Of course, this is incontrovertible proof of anthropogenic global warming. These animals are migrating south where it's cooler.

Many years ago, when I lived in Manitoba, I caught sight of a moose loping along south of the Transcanada highway on my way home to Indian Head, SK.  That was before catastrophic anthropogenic global warming was invented by the scaremongers. I couldn't believe my eyes, because moose don't usually travel that far south.

You don't want to run into a moose, of course, cause they can do some nasty damage to a car if you collide with one.  And being dark haired creatures, they are pretty hard to see at night. As for bears, humans make for a tasty meal, I'm sure.

All told, my guess would be that all that nasty CO2 produced by Alberta and Saskatchewan must have something to do with this. That, and well regulated and enforced hunting regulations.

I wonder what bear meat tastes like. I've had moose. No thanks. Once was enough. Plus, they are really ugly animals.

When I was a kid, I remember Dad shooting Canada Geese like they were going out of style. They would land in big flocks on his fields and eat the grain before he could harvest it.  Nowadays, with so many of us being city slickers, we've forgotten stuff like that. But goose poop can cause some pretty nasty accidents on city roads, too. Not to mention annoyed city-dwellers.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Speaking of the hazards of Canada Geese, the northeast US now has estimated millions of non-migratory Canada Geese. They've found the food availability excellent and so is the availability of large bodies of water. Unfortunately, many of these bodies of water in the northeast are public drinking water reservoirs.

Adult Canada Geese each produce about 1.5 lbs. of poop daily, almost all of this going into public drinking water supplies and producing massive amounts of bacteria. Helluva problem! My solution is an open hunting season, no bag limit, when the migratory Geese are not migrating. In other words, have hunters slaughter as many of the non-migratory Geese as possible. A few years of unlimited non-migratory Geese hunting ought to do the trick.

June 04, 2012 9:26 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Yuk. If my Dad was still with us, he would approve.

I don't remember ever actually eating any of the geese my Dad killed, though.

Grain fed birds should taste okay, I would think.

June 04, 2012 10:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the taste of wild goose, duck and partridge. They don't taste like chicken.

I wish they'd hunt more deer, where I live there are so many deer now we are hitting them on the highways all over the place. And they bring ticks. Kill off the deer please all you hunters out there. Save the planet, kill the deer.

June 05, 2012 9:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home