Sunday, January 15, 2012

Morning Headlines

You might know I spend a lot of time perusing the headlines at news.google.ca in order to feed my blogging habit. News articles from all over the world are delivered under several headings ranging from Top Stories, to Saskatchewan, Sports, Health, Entertainment, Science and so on. I don't usually look at Sports, Health and Entertainment, but concentrate on political news from all over the world and here at home, as well as science.

I especially like looking for the absurd. This morning, so far, several headlines have caught my attention and made be laugh:

Warming Arctic May Be Causing Cooler Winters In Eastern U.S., Europe

Yup. Must be.

UN chief tells Assad to end violence

Yup. That'll do it!!

Peel police officer hit by impaired driver

Dumb idiot. If you want to hit a car while you're driving drunk, why choose a police cruiser????

Ontario deep freeze won't last long
"Ontario is in the grip of a weekend freeze that is making it feel like -27 C, with the wind chill."
Oh, you people need to get a grip. -27 C with the wind chill is NOT a deep freeze!! It's positively balmy.

Liberals vote to legalize marijuana, retain ties to monarchy

The party aims to appeal to both the young and old, or is that to NDP voters? As I write this, I'm listening to the final speech delivered at the Liberal Party convention, delivered, of course, by its leader, Bob Rae. My God. He sounds like the old Dipper that he is. Is this the new Liberal strategy? Replace the NDP?? If so, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good luck with that.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home