Friday, September 09, 2011

I Doesn't Get Any Better...

...than this: Earthquake strikes off Vancouver Island

In the reader comments attached to this CBC article:
"Reading the comments on this site for sometime now, I can comfortably say the earthquake was an inside job."
Seriously, the very worst thing about CBC's web based news articles is the asinine mentality of most of the comments they approve for publication. Either they don't get enough sane ones, or their coverage of events only attracts the most looney-toon Canucks we have. But once in a while some sane comment gets through.

Shut the bloody thing down, Harper, Moore!

Of course the comments at SDA are always better:

"There I was doing my best, and my wife opened her eyes and murmured "that's more like it."

Bada Boom.

(Posted by: Stuart at September 9, 2011 7:54 PM)"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

I was just trying to think of a witty comeback Stuart could have murmured back to his Mrs. but drew a blank. I suppose one will occur to me later, when it's no good. (Story of my life! :-)

Tangentially...I just remembered the time I was truly shocked when a Frenchman told a very risque joke that had my very old-school English-ancestry mother practically falling off her chair in laughter. It was about a Frenchman arrested for having sex with a corpse ... and his alibi to the policeman was that he didn't realize the woman was dead, he just thought she was an Englishwoman...

September 09, 2011 7:24 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Yes. I had a "very old-school English-ancestry mother" too, and once in a while she would surprise me. LOL!!

September 09, 2011 7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home