Carrying On With The Theme
I've been thinking about the gradual drift away from our British roots. It's a natural shift, I think. Britain is no longer a big player in Canada's affairs. She hasn't been for a very long time, but I like to think that much of our values and traditions hale from the British experience, and that's okay. Time marches ever forward. A much bigger influence on Canada is our proximity to the USA, and that too is okay. I hope, someday, we might pick up a bit of the American ethic of love of country and patriotism. This is not something that members of our liberal elite will find favour in, but who gives a shit about them.
So, here's to ya, cousins. Happy commie Day!
Labels: AARRRRRRGGGHHHH, America, Canada, Capital "L" Liberalism, The Once Great Britain

3 Comments:
In honor of "Commie Day", aka Labor Day, here's a funny walk down Memory Lane. (The ending ties it into American Labor Day. :-)
So, if the Queen comes to visit you, it doesn't mean that you will lay out your best silverware and the best your wine cellar could offer?
Hmm...
My best silverware is all tarnished, so I don't think so.
Wine cellar? What's that?
Post a Comment
<< Home