Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Could This Be Vengeance ...

... directed at Janet Napolitano and those Yanks who persist in blaming Canada for having lax borders?

Why did a stolen goat lead to a border ban?

Aside from being kinda funny, I think this really sucks. I mean a high school prank committed 20 years ago is not sufficient reason to bar someone from entering Canada. Personally, I'd like to meet the guy and hear his telling of the prank.

This, on the other hand, I can support whole-heartedly.

There are legal ways to transport your guns across Canada on the way to Alaska, folks. Find out what they are and follow the rules.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

I've read that many Americans come up to Canada for hunting trips, good tourism and taxes income for Canada. I'd wondered about the legality, bureaucratic requirements, transport, etc. I checked out 2 of the linked forms needed, they look annoying enough but I can't imagine how today, with US (Canada also?) airport security running amuck as they are, how hunters could possibly fly to Canada and back with their hunting rifles and shotguns.

July 22, 2011 7:50 am  
Blogger Louise said...

I hadn't thought about that. Of course, there are many Canucks, especially in the more northerly parts of the country, that earn their living catering to hunters, and many of those hunters do come from the US, or at least used to.

It's gotten a lot more difficult/cumbersome to come across the border now, passports are needed both ways.

Didn't used to be that way. Of course if you're a hunter there would be a lot more than just a passport required. I suspect a lot of Yankee sportsmen have decided it ain't worth the bureaucratic hassle and, of course, that means a decline in business for Canadian outfitters.

Life just sucks, doesn't it.

July 22, 2011 8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home