Good! Or Maybe Not
"CBC host George Stroumboulopoulos is joining the battle against world hunger as the first Canadian to be named an ambassador against hunger as part of the United Nations World Food Program.The only problem is, he'll be using our television network and our tax dollars, as if the network is his own property, to spread UN propaganda about his favourite cause.
The announcement was made Tuesday night on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight, where Stephen Lewis, a former UN special envoy for HIV/AIDS, was a guest."
"A TV special documenting his trip will air April 1 on CBC.Of course, when was the last time anyone at CBC understood that they work for an organization that is supposedly responsible to its shareholders, the Canadian taxpayers. It isn't supposed to be their own personal pulpit from which they get to preach their own personal version of world justice and political correctness. That'll be the day.
“I'm excited to be a part of it,” said Stroumboulopoulos, whose charity work includes supporting the UN’s online donation site, WeFeedback.org.
“In any situation like this there’s all kinds of work being done on the ground by all kinds of people and so somebody in my position, all I really get to do is shine the light on work that’s already being done and hopefully use the position I have with the television show and a radio show to garner some interest.”"
Nope. The CBC is nothing but a cult of self-worshipping lefties using their gilded cage to promote all manner of PC nonsense. Stephen Lewis, of course, is the father of Avi Lewis and the son of David Lewis, the first leader of national New Democratic Party. Stephen Lewis himself was prominent in the Ontario ranks of the NDP. Avi Lewis, (husband of Naomi Klein, spoiled child of a wealthy Montreal family, who never met a far left cause she couldn't or wouldn't champion to the hilt), is famous for his anti-American screed while interviewing the ever graceful Ayaan Hirsi Ali, wherein she adeptly slices and dices him to pieces, shortly after which he mysteriously left the employ of Grandmother's Corpse to go work for Al Jazeera (watch the video of you have the stomach, but I won't blame you if you skip it):
When will it end, CBC?
I don't expect the CBC can reform itself. The leftwing ideology is so deeply entrenched, they cannot possibly think outside their self-contained self-congratulating incestuous little box.
At least it appears the upcoming federal budget contains further cuts to its funding. I can hardly wait for the howling to begin. It will take quite a few "further cuts" to finally be rid of it, though. If only their funding was tied to their audience share or some such measure of actual performance. The very idea that their jobs should be reliant on providing the tax paying public something they actually want to watch is totally anathema. It never occurs to them that the CBC might not be their personal property to use as they wish.
Labels: CBC, elites, leftards, leftards and leftards, media bias, NDP, our betters

2 Comments:
Avi Lewis, a repulsive, arrogant, ignorant snot. Can you tell I can't stand him?
Yup. I think he was the worst CBC has ever offered up, bar none. I just wish they'd fire the lot of them.
Post a Comment
<< Home