Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dinesh D'Souza Squares Off

...with two miserable, bitter, self-loathing, self-important old sourpusses:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gore Vidal and that other condescending-legend-in-his-own-mind Eastern liberal glib-pseudo-intellectual reminded me of TOTUS. They're all in agreement that the simpleton Middle American unwashed masses aren't inherently evil, just stupid and led by what is inherently evil, the Corporate State of America.

I also have an hypothesis that Vidal is another of those homosexuals who psychologically transfers his self-loathing into PC-in-liberal/artsy circles America-loathing.

By contrast, we have the self-made Dinesh D'Souza, a real intellectual and a self-made American, originally from India. (I don't say "Indian-American", agreeing with Theodore Roosevelt's un-Multi-Culti view, "We have no room for hyphenated Americans." That's a viewpoint I recommend to my Canadian friends.) I have D'Souza's book "What's So Great About America". Wonderful book! Based on (Cuban refugee) Senator-elect Marco Rubio's election night speech, he also embodies what D'Souza believes.

There's something ironic and telling about these two very patriotic men, D'Souza and Rubio, both born in other countries and, in Rubio's case, a refugee from tyranny. They know better than the Vidal-ish self loathing; they've experienced the bad reality in the "old country" and the freedom of America.

(Louise, you're far more pithy than my windbaggery about Vidal & friend, "...two miserable, bitter, self-loathing, self-important old sourpusses.")

November 14, 2010 11:47 am  
Blogger Louise said...

Yup the bitter old sourpusses have created and then swallowed their own narrative and are now p-oed that no one else has accepted done the same.

I have that book by D'Sousa. It's very good - and mercifully short.

About the hyphenated Canadian thing, I think that is slowly disappearing. The left's propensity for keeping the well honed accusation of racism in their arsenal is prolonging it's death. A person of Caucasion descent cannot have a disagreement with someone 'of colour' without bringing down upon themselves screeching howls from those banshies.

November 14, 2010 12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home