Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Further to This Post...

... regarding my personal history and the descendants of Cuthbert Grant, I give you a picture of the bridge from the vantage point of a spot close to where Allyre Grant's daughter and grandchildren lived:


If you look closely in the distance, roughly in the centre of the picture, you'll see the double arched bridge that spans the river, which is flowing away from the camera man/woman. Further east (to the left) the river has taken a sharp 90 degree turn from its flow from the east end of Katepwa Lake.

The house I grew up in has been torn down, but if it was still standing it would be a short distance from the right side of the bridge, just beyond the right border of the picture. My dad used to turn that grass into hay every summer.

Tell me you're not jealous of where I grew up. I always consider myself blessed to have grown up in this beautiful valley - the Qu'Appelle. And you thought Saskatchewan was flat and boring. Hah!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, well, but the photo wouldn't show - server error, it sez...

October 12, 2010 1:50 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Well, just one more reason to be jealous. I stole it off of Facebook where my sister had posted it. Maybe we can blame Facebook.

October 12, 2010 3:31 pm  
Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Uhu, it's better now. Nice place indeed, as for the element of jealousy - well, I have to sleep on this one.

October 13, 2010 3:06 am  
Blogger Louise said...

Well, I guess only a Saskatchewanian can appreciate a valley or a little knoll. They're both big events on the otherwise flat prairie.

October 13, 2010 9:51 am  
Blogger Indigo Red said...

Beautiful grow-up place!

October 13, 2010 12:43 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

There was a large section of the house that had never been completed. Maybe we shoulda turned it into a grow-op. ;-)

HEHEHEHE. I remember once my mother found a sack of grow-op stuff in my little sister's suitcase. Mother very nearly had a heart attack. Baby sister survived to tell the tale, though.

And then there was the time that baby sister found a package of tampons in my suitcase and insisted that mother tell her what they were. Again, heart attack zone.

My poor mother. She was much mellower by the time baby sister had flown the coop. My older sister and I had to cut the hole in the chicken wire, though.

Believe me, being a grandmother is preferable to being a mother.

October 13, 2010 1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home