Friday, March 26, 2010

Nice

Two words: Fuck Canada

I think I'll wait until I have a good sleep before I decide if I'll say anything more.

Mission accomplished. Good sleep over and done.

Nah. I'll just say that this is one of the American sites that I linked to previously and, as I said on a thread at American Spectator a few days ago, I have no intention of letting this influence my general overall appreciation and respect for the American people, their way of life, their values and their heritage. I'll just say, there isn't much difference between the blog entry linked at the top and the by now ubiquitous photo of the U of O student with her mouth stretched open so wide that she looks damn well phony. Kind of like the rent-a-rioters from the dictatorships in the Muslim world.

You see it's kind of like this statement:
"No one knew it would be the University of Ottawa's provost who would strike the match that inflamed the controversy, followed by violent protests that would cancel that stop on Ms. Coulter's three-city campus tour. But organizers -- which included the Canadian chapter of the International Free Press Society (IFPS), a group born in Denmark after the Muhammad cartoon controversy -- were satisfied enough that somebody would.

"It wasn't a question of knowing what would happen, as opposed to knowing it could be a catalyst, because we know the atmosphere," says Mary Lou Ambrogio, the vice-president of IFPS who brought Ms. Coulter here. "We wanted to test the tolerance for differing points of view, especially on university campuses," she says."
There are jerks everywhere on both sides of the political spectrum.

With any luck, this problem will be exposed to the full light of day and our culture of freedom of expression will be fully restored, perhaps even more robustly. From Hansard, March 25, 2010:

Notice of Inquiry

Hon. Doug Finley: Honourable senators, I give notice that, two days hence:

I will call the attention of the Senate to the issue of the erosion of freedom of speech in our country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Balbulican said...

I too have a hard time reading those words. Especially when they come from conservative Canadian bloggers like Kathy Shaidle and Wendy Sullivan.

March 27, 2010 8:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home