Friday, March 26, 2010

Just a Little Note..

...prompted by my morning cruise through the blogosphere, in this case, during my stop at Kathy Shaidle's "Five Feet of Fury" to get the latest scoop on Ann Coulter's Calgary event. Kathy quotes from a Canadian Press story (scroll down past the photo of the boy) and highlights this sentence:
"But others were frustrated by Coulter's lack of responsibility for the hurt her comments can cause."
This, in a nut shell, is what is wrong with the left and all the thought control institutions that they have built.

But let me explain, as I'm sure legions of leftards would, at the very least, be scratching their heads wondering what the hell I'm talking about.

Many, many years ago, shortly after my marriage broke down I went through an extremely painful bout of depression, which turned out to be a pivotal point in my life. Prior to the collapse of the marriage, I had been a tried and true patron of the leftard mindset and leftard agenda. Both the mindset and the agenda are imbued with "the hurt" caused by others and how it can be overcome and they do this because THEY THEMSELVES HAVE BEEN HURT and as a consequence feel an affinity - and an urgency about "changing" things. I can understand this, because I myself suffered from extremely low self-esteem resulting from "hurt" delivered to me when I was a child. To make a long story short, the "hurt" finally left, but only because I underwent a profound change in my own mindset, following which, my "agenda" was completely changed.

To get to the point, I'll quote one of the many things I read during that bout of depression which, eventually, lifted me out of my funk and set me on an entirely new path. It came from a poster I saw on a wall sometime in 1985. These are the words of a famous American Democrat (no less!) by the name of Eleanor Roosevelt (FDR's wife). Here it is, all you "victims" of Ann Coulter's "hurtful" statements, straight from the pen of a famous leftist:

NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!

I'll say it again:

NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!


And again:

NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!


Got that? It means all you need to do is develop a tougher skin, develop the habit of questioning your old warn-out way of interpreting, then LET IT GO!! You've got better things to do with your lives than wallowing in self-pity and whining all the time. It is your mindset and your bitter agenda that keeps you from letting it roll off your backs. It is your mindset and your bitter agenda that keeps you from interpreting Ann Coulter's remarks in any other way than "hurtful". If you find Ann Coulter's shtick "hurtful", you are giving her permission to hurt you!!

Believe me, she would be delighted to know that you have denied her that permission even though it would likely put her out of business if enough of you catch on to this. But then you'd no longer be leftards, would you.

(Well, I guess that turned out to be a big note.:))

1 Comments:

Blogger The Progressive Indian said...

Well said, you nailed it!

March 26, 2010 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home