Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pathetic Old Fools

Terry Glavin has posted a good one about the sorry state of journalism as revealed by the coverage of the mission in Afghanistan. There's a good discussion in the comments thread, too. Glavin has deleted some of the comments. I don't know whose they were by or what they said, but I can surmise they might have been Ti-Guy or Dr. Dawg or some other such washed up old fool. I'm glad to see Glavin doesn't have any qualms about keeping his blog clean of that kind of rot. It's the publisher's prerogative to decide what appears on his blog and since his blog is widely respected, I'm glad he's attending to the business of maintaining acceptable standards. It's too good a blog to see it slip into the cesspool as a result of infestation by lunatic leftists.

In the comments someone brings up a URL to an article by another washed up old fool that I had the displeasure of encountering in my youth in Saskatoon, namely Murray Dobbin. This guy is an unrelenting old Marxist of the hardest variety. Glavin does a stellar take-down of him, too. Most enjoyable read of the morning, so far.

Anyway, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home