Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mohammed Fadhil Sums It Up

Anyone who has watched events unfold in Iraq following the toppling of the Ba'athist regime will likely know about the blog Iraq the Model. Run by three brothers, and later just two, it remains one of the best sources for news and opinion from Iraq.

Mohammed, the best writer of the bunch, is now writing for Pajamas Media and has weighed in on the impact of the recent American elections on Iraq and people in the Middle East in general. It's an excellent read.

On a similar vein, long time freelance journalist Michael Yon writes a good one about the end of the Iraq war and the road ahead in Afghanistan for Barack Obama. Frankly, I don't think Obama will be up to it. I hope I'm wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger huffb1 said...

Good to see your Back Louise.

Would you mind if I nominated you for Best Conservative blog in the Canadian Blog Awards?

http://cdnba.wordpress.com/

I would nominate you best blog on middle east issues but they don't seem to have that category.

November 12, 2008 11:02 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Thanks, Huff. I don't mind if you nominate me. I don't get a lot of traffic, so I'm sure not many folks have heard of my blog.

November 13, 2008 1:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home