Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ten Years...

I can't believe it's been ten years already. I remember the moment as clear as though it were yesterday. I was at my sister's place in Saskatoon and the radio program was interrupted with the customary variated beeping sound that signals an important story is breaking, so stay tuned. My sister and I looked at each other, knowing full well that something rather grave must have happened. Then the announcer came on and told the listeners that a Swissair flight heading from New York to Switzerland had crashed into the sea off Peggy's Cove. What a tragedy! I remember how proud I was of my fellow Canadians in that small maritime community. They really gave their all to the grieving families in the days following the crash. So sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home