Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PBS Nearly Dead

My, my, my. No sooner had I commented about my hate on for the CBC in the previous thread than what should appear but this: PBS is no longer necessary. Nor was it ever a good idea.
"Viewers have tuned out. The average PBS primetime show is now more than 20 years old and gets the same Nielsen ratings as wrestling’s “Friday Night Smackdown.” Even politicians have tuned out, finding it’s no longer worth fighting for. The fact that it was once a partisan plaything of Democrats was proven by their outrage when Bush appointed a Republican chairman to balance its lefty excesses. But with those excesses now tamed, and viewers now bombarded with a meteor shower of better New Media alternatives, this dinosaur seems bound for extinction, save the eternal life support given to every federal agency."


Are you listening Ottawa?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home